Sunday, October 14, 2007

So I was planning on not putting this story in but I have to now...

Thursday night around 9pm I was walking down the street to my backyard when I was spun around pushed/punched to the ground. The two gentlemen demanded my wallet. I said "Are you kidding me?" Then they started kicking. I only remember four kicks to the body and head. When I woke up, I found my glasses, noticed my wallet really was gone and crawled (because I couldn't walk) into my house. Everything was spinning and blurry. Staci called the cops and talked me into going to the hospital. I'm not sure why she had to but for some reason I was refusing.

While in the hospital I had some tests done on my neck and brain. Everything was fine. All the pain was from muscle strains and I had barely a scratch. I'm not sure how it happened but in a few days there will be no physical signs that this even occurred.

I spent most of Friday canceling my credit cards and getting a new license. What a pain...

Yesterday was Iron Cross. Shawn and I decided to go up, I was still unsure of if I was going to race or not since I basically have motion sickness all day now (a symptom of a concussion). When we got there I made the decision to start. I was planning on just riding it and seeing where I ended up. At the start I wasn't aggressive at all. I actually ended up dead last by the sandpit. I passed a few on the uphill to the barrier and when I hopped back on the bike my saddle slipped in the seatpost. I rode the 45minutes with my saddle sticking up at a 30 degree angle. Long story short, 6th. Not bad for the terrible start. Shawn ended up 17th.

This is his first year at cross and he is figuring it out. It's nothing like a 50 mountain bike race.

When I got home, Staci told me that someone dropped off my wallet. They found it in the cemetary. Everything except the cash was in it. I couldn't believe it but I already canceled every card I had and paid $15 for a new license. So I cut my cards up and tossed them. Err.

Thursday was a low point in my life. I really lost a lot of faith in people when this happened but with the things that have happened in the last few days I quickly realized that these were just two people out of everyone I've ever dealt with and I can't let them destroy me.

Late.

No comments: