Sunday, October 21, 2007

I hate it when...

I was super excited at racing Granogue. A big UCI-1 race with tons of riders battling. A good starting position too, 3rd row from the front. I made it half of one lap before crashing out. Well, really it was the first turn. The whole way up the paved start the guy on my left was just leaning into me. Really annoying too. I understand that the start is a scrum, no problems with that but, even when I let up he kept leaning. So I decided that it was my spot. Well, I lost. Around the first turn we went, he on the inside. I couldn't hold the edge anymore and down I went. Ripping my shorts on someones canti. Sorry to all I exposed, it was not intentional I assure you. I get back up, dead last. Mash the pedals, over the barriers. "Wow", I think to myself, "I'm back in the middle of this race already!" I hop back on through some twisty donwhilly section. "I love Granogue, it eats roadies alive" I say with a grin in my brain. Here comes the run up. It was pretty slippery but still I was making up ground until...I hopped back on and my seatpost for the second race in a row slipped on me (I'll be replacing it with a Ritchey very shortly). Only last week it stayed put. This week it decided to be completely stripped. Mentally I was finished at that point so I DNF'ed. So my hopes of a good MAC overall placing this year are already over since I couldn't race Wiss today. I have no hope of a call up for starts. Oh well, next season will be different. Shawn, finished 44th (I think), will have more experience next season and I believe one other team member will be racing too so that will help.

No comments: