Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dunkin' without the Donuts

Excitement runs rampant here as we finally got to see what our uniforms may look like. The reason I say "may look like" is because they have to be approved by the fine gentlepeople at Allied Milk. I spoke with the folks at Isaac's Deli (their marketing department has been feverishly working on the design) and they dropped me an e-mail with what they had come up with. Wow! I was pretty blown away. As were a few teammates that I had spoke to tonight. I must admit, it surpassed my expectations.

To celebrate, Staci, Skellington, and myself took a road trip to the new Dunkin' Donuts on Columbia Ave. We fully expected to have some fried goodness tonight and take some home for what we like to call "the breakfast of champions". On the counter of said Dunkin' onuts was a sign that read: "Due to donut shortages we may not be able to fullfill coupons." Turns out, they had NO DONUTS anyway! It's like Hershey not having chocolate. It just can't be true. So now we are on a donut kick but without the key ingredient...Donuts! We pack back into the car to drive across town to Leola. There, there is a Dunkin' Donuts open 24hrs. On our way I jokingly say "Maybe we should call and see if they are experiencing a donut shortage as well?" After I said that though I thought, "Maybe we really should, ahh, heck with it." Luckly, when we got there, there was no donuts shortage at all. It was merely poor planning on Columbia Ave's part. Phew!!!! I really thought we were in for some tough times.

No comments: