Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's official...

I am an idiot. All those pictures of Lancaster that I was talking about in the last post, gone. Turns out, I didn't leave my camera at work but in the pocket of my coveralls. They were washed Saturday. Oh, and dried too. Washer and dryer 1. Camera, 0. I tried to let it "dry out" but it looks like I'm in the market for new one. I'm sure the memory card is destroyed as well.

Oh yeah, the races...

Chad was all alone at Millport yesterday. Even without support he managed his best result of the season, 11th. Our peak races start in late June and run until early August. It looks like he is on track.

The mountain team had a good turn out at Sewell NJ. The expert race finished up just as the thunder clouds rolled in. Perfect timing for Brooke's race. It poured on her and she was forced to DNF due to a mechanical.

Terrible Thomas finished in 14th which was pretty good considering he had two flats. Jolly Joel took 9th while puking his guts out. You could say he left it all on the course. Me well, 6th again. I think I was as high as 4th on the second lap but then I took myself out trying to rail a corner that was just too soft. I then had problems getting unclipped from my pedal when I was trying to get back up. When I finally got that taken care of, my chain was stuck on the outside of my derailleur. I forced it back where it needed to be and was off. It took about 30 seconds for all that to happen. I lost three places and only recovered two.

Here's a link to the results: http://www.prologsoftware.com/proracingtiming/results/r05_31_08Final.htm

No comments: