Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chad's two cents.

Another Astana?


As you read in the most current blog, we have no more licensed road races. After reading the e-mail from Butterworth, I just could not believe it. With me and Jeremiah being 100% road and a few team members 50% and our team covering every part of cycling Cross, Mount., and Road this is a huge set back. With my hopes now destroyed of not being able to do the race that our team wanted to do well in, and me trying to get the points to upgrade to Cat. 3 I am in a frantic mode. I feel some what like Astana did at the beginning when they could not do the races they planned on, or having to train differently to peak for other races, (not to mention the Giro at the last minute) and luckily their sponsors stood behind them. I am now looking all around for races, even in different states, because this just does not affect just me, but also Team Allied Milk. My next month and a half is now open to any thing. If any one knows of any USACycling races please let me know. Who knows, maybe this will turn out like it did with Contador, wanted to do the Tour but won the Giro instead. Only time will tell. Out.

Chad





Updated MASS standings show the team currently in 7th place. Not too bad. We are about 400pts away from Mountainside Racing and have a slight margin of 130pts on Human Zoom/PBR (yes, that is Pabst Blue Ribbon).

No comments: