Saturday, December 1, 2007

Carlizzle


Shawn and myself braved the brisk winter air that is rolling in to race the Carlisle Fairgrounds. #9 in the MAC series. I'd like to say we won but Marc, Ethan, Jeff, and about 10 others that finished in front of us said no. We both had good starts and I was in the top 10 for a good portion of the race until I took myself out pushing a corner harder than I had to. I was trying to build momentum for the uphill coming up so I was really railing the corners. My luck ran out. I hit a nice sized rut in the course and lost the edge on my front wheel. From there it was blurry masses passing me. My bike was fine so I attempted to catch up to what was chase group #2. I was alone and it just never happened. Every barrier it felt like my feet were cinder blocks from being so cold. As chase group #2 started dropping riders I was picking them off. All said and done I was about a minute behind the winner. Shawn not too much further behind me.

We were pretty frozen so we packed up and left. We didn't stick around to see where we finished but it was another mid-pack day. Next weekend is Wonderland which is actually states. Hopefully we are feeling good for that one. It has been a long season (since mid-March) and for as much as I love racing, it will be nice to have a break and just have fun with it again.

No comments: