Wednesday, December 12, 2007

'Tis the Season

Due to my fatigue at the end of the season I decided it was time to actually train. Not that I didn't in the past but I mean the real way. I hate running and swore that I didn't need to do it ever. Yesterday, I ran. I did a 4+ mile trail run in a drizzle. It wasn't too bad. I'm not ready for a marathon or anything but I did ok. The muscle groups used for running are completely different than those for cycling and boy howdy can I feel it. When I do biking motions, I feel great. When I walk, it hurts. I may have over did it because the longest I ever ran before yesterday was one, that's right, one mile. As in uno. 1.6 kilometers. I did this 4+ in under 40 minutes. It was soggy trail so not too shabby. The downhills were scary. I'm working on getting a core routine together. I just feel as though my bike legs need a rest for a few weeks. Not that I won't be biking but not training.

With the weather getting closer to staying below freezing the trails should be firming up. This makes for some of the best riding all year in my opinion. It's not race season. Kick back and enjoy the scenery. A good long ride at a nice even pace. Cool, crisp air. Some joking with friends. Can it really get any better?

No comments: