Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ahh. The Off-Season







Capt. Space Invader Shawn (left), Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White Tom (right), and I decided to go for a ride Saturday at the frozen Fairhill. Being the off-season less attention was paid to pace than normal. It was an awesome day for a ride. Crisp cool air. It just fills your lungs and really feels great. Shawn was riding his new GF Superfly, a full carbon 29er. Complete with an XO drivetrain (upgraded XTR cranks to boot). It is certainly a wonderful looking machine. That was until I plowed right into it. Here's my side of it though. We were cruising on a downhill section and my eyes watered up. When I cleared my vision, those two were at a dead stop in the middle of the trail. BAM! Fortunately, no damage. This was about 5 minutes into his first ride with the bike. At least we broke it in right? The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful (which was fine with Shawn).
The top picture is post crash, so you can see, it's fine. I think I would've felt a little bad had I messed it up. Just a little.
If you haven't been to Fairhill lately (or ever), go. It really is beautiful there right now. Some really nice frozen trails. By weeks end they will probably be soft and muddy though with the temps getting up into the 40's again. Trailspinners gets a little upset if you are riding them when they are soft. It's understandable. They put tons of hours in building them, so yahoos like us can crash into each other. Check out www.trailspinners.org.

1 comment:

Chad, Mt. Goat said...

AAAAHHH the off season. Nice bike. One thing about having carbon like that.. if you reck it (garantee that you do) you will cry.