Sunday, November 23, 2008

Little Chad gets a Tattoo


For a few years now I have been throwing around the idea of getting a tattoo, but as we all know it is some thing that after its on you you can't change it. I never got one due to me not knowing what I wanted or even where to put it. I am a big dreamer, and most of the times I listen to my dreams. Well 3 months ago I had a dream, a dream about a tattoo, I knew where I wanted it and what I wanted. With in a week I had it drawn up and getting it done. When I went into the shop, I showed him my dream. It is a bike, but if you are not a cyclist you may not realize it right away. So I went in not expecting to get much from the artist, I mean came in with shaved legs, wanting a bike on my ankle. But as soon as I showed it to him, he was so excited! He said that he has always wanted to do a bike, and proceeded to ask me what Cat. I was and what bike I rode. All of the sudden I felt all my fear disappear. I knew he had that same passion as I did. I knew he would do his best. I told him I wanted it on my ankle because that way I can show it off but also cover it up if I ever make it to the higher ranks. As I was laying there while he was tattooing (which feels like lactic acid build up) me we talked about him racing in Colorado, and having about 4 bikes, what cleats he likes, and so much more. It felt like I was in a bike shop. After it was done I asked him what I needed to do to take care of it, and he said with a laugh..."For once I can tell a customer to take care of it like road rash and they understand what i am talking about."

After a month I was due for a touch up. After he was done, he said "Hold on, I have some thing for you." He goes in the back and brings out a small Cannondale bike model. He said "Here you go. I found this at a store and thought about you so I got it for you." I am all ready thinking about my next tattoo. As for me, who went in not thinking they would understand, turns out they understand more about me than I do. I have a feeling this friendship will be a lasting one.

No comments: