Monday, November 17, 2008

The beat goes on...

The Allied Milk Cycling team has realized the dreams of yet another fine young rider. The rider formerly known as Fort James has inked a deal placing him in the center of the finest mountain bike team in the nation.

So apparently this is what sleep deprivation does to me.

Seriously though...James is a fine rider, person, and ambassador of the sport of cycling. He is heavily involved with the Delaware Special Olympics TT and is a regular volunteer at any MASS event. Dairy King James plans on competing for a podium in the MASS Sport Single Speed overall.

'Cross season is still going. Jake has a full schedule for the next 4-5 weeks and I will be finally getting out there at the Wonderland 'Cross in good old Lancaster on the 22nd. If you want to see me get my butt handed to me go here...


Directions: From Rte. 30 and Rte. 340 (Old Philadelphia Pike), proceed east on Route 340 for 0.5 miles to 2nd traffic light and turn right onto Oakview Road.Go 0.5 miles and turn left onto Hobson Road (before Rte. 30 intersection).Continue for 1.1 miles on Hobson Road (straight through stop sign at HarvestRoad) to East Lampeter Community Park entrance on right. If traveling from points east on Rte. 30, turn right at 2nd traffic after Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park onto Harvest Road, turn right at stop sign, and go 0.8 miles to Park entrance. Please park in designated parking spaces only.Google Maps or Mapquest: 2320 Hobson Road, Lancaster, PA 17602 .


I will be racing in the A group which is set to go off at 12:45. 60 minutes that will probably feel like 600 minutes.


Shawn had to have surgery on his thumb but is healing up nicely. He should be back to training at the end of December.

4 comments:

Lindstor said...

I was going to go to that Wonderland Cyclocross Race. What time does it start? The webiste only seems to say that it goes all day.

Lindstor said...

nevermind I found it

Joe said...

I'm interested in Allied Milk. I race in Cat 4 Men (C)....I got 5th today at Wonderland.
Joe

Commie said...

Howard/Joe,

5th is a good ride. Leave your contact info (I won't post it) and I can fill you in on the details of the team.

Thanks.
Dan