Saturday, November 3, 2007

Not so Fairhill

Shawn and myself made the trek to Fairhill today. It was wonderful 'cross weather with temps in the mid 50's and a nice stiff wind. A little chilly actually. When the gun went off we pedaled like mad men. Unfortunately for me, I appeared to be going backwards. I've never really been a strong starter but this was backwards fast and I never really got into a rhythm. The two of us raced the whole race pretty close to each other. Shawn having mechanical issues. His chain dropped twice and he went down and broke his left shifter/brake lever. Me, I just had dead legs. It wasn't until the 4th lap that I finally felt "fast" but by then it was far too late. On the 5th lap though, the legs were dead again. I haven't been training much this 'cross season, about 45 minutes on the trainer each week. I've been relying on what I built up all spring/summer. This week though I did put about 6 hours in because I didn't want to lose what I worked for all summer. Maybe it was too much. Maybe it was the stiff wind that seemed to always be a head wind. All I know is that we didn't even bother to see where we finished. That's bad.

No comments: