Saturday, November 17, 2007

Still zipped up in our hoodies but...


We are a bit cozier in this ice box now. Our new storm door is finally installed. Yes, it took a week to fit it, stain it, varnish it, and then finally install it. It looks pretty nice though. Being a pipefitter I know how to do many things construction related but doors, not really. I enlisted the help of Staci's moms better half. He crushed it. I mostly just watched as he fit the door and notched little coves for the hinges. The sucker is pretty air tight. No more drafty front door. We never were ones that did the before and after photos so all we have is an after. Oh well.
Yesterday, I went out for a ride in the 20-30mph wind. Talk about some resistance training. Boy howdy! I road directly into the wind for the first 23-24 miles. Basically, I road RT.23 to 441 (with some other roads to break up the straight shot). This took about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Horrible. What is that, like 15-16mph average? When I turned south on 441 the pace went super high. The last 21-22 miles of my ride took 50 minutes. It felt like I was a pro just humming along on a flat stage in the Tour de France. All said and done, not a bad day on the bike.
In team news...Our uniform designs are done. We are submitting our templates to Champion Systems and by late January they should be in our hands. They have a thing on their website that lets you dress up a guy in their clothes. It's a good chuckle. Click on the title of this entry to check it out.

1 comment:

iHateBikes said...

I should have put the flag out before that picture was taken. The flag makes the house.