Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cool as a Cucumber

In our efforts to have a smaller carbon footprint, we, at this household, for the past few years have been setting the thermostat at 63 degrees. You may say, "That's a bit chilly." I will tell you this, you are right but, think of the positives. Our house which is 100+ years old is inefficient so, we reduce our heat bills. Also, we get to snuggle with our family and furry friends. Even when they are mad at us. See pictures as proof.

Today, we get a new storm door. The old aluminium one will be given away via letting on the sidewalk or to our neighbor Butch. No picture of him will even be placed on this blog. I'm pretty sure he would kill me. Seriously. Butch scraps metal, which the price is up so he may get $2 for the door. I say way to go Butch. The new door will be a wooden one. It should look nice. Staci's mom and step-dad are coming down to install it. Well, her mom is really coming for the good times. Normally, I would help with such a project but, no one would switch days with me at work. Yet another reason why work is for suckers!



Skellington and Serendipity are mortal enemies but with the 63 degree mandate they've quickly become close "friends". Skelly is the one that is just a head. Dippy is the one using him as a bed. T and Staci are the ones with grumpy faces. They have been wearing these grumpy faces for a few days. In their defense, I've had one on too.
Well, another set of business cards came in the mail. These were from Chad. Thanks.

2 comments:

Chad, Mt. Goat said...

You guys need to cheer up! It's the same at my house too. Nothing an extra blanket can't fix. Wait and see what I am going to be doing to be even more envo. friendlier then i am now. Sorry about the cards being purple.. looked diff. when I ordered them.

iHateBikes said...

Extra blankets, paputchies (known to Lancaster County as mere "slippers"), fleece pajamas, long johns, hoodies, knee socks, wool jerseys, knit hats, dog sweaters. It looks like Cabela's up in here, without the deer heads, of course.

The cards are very nice. Certainly nicer than the ones I chose. I gave him permission to use only yours. You won. You're the better secretary.