Wednesday, October 22, 2008

In the "Better Late than Never" Category...


Chad did some two wheel burnin'. It seems as though things turned out pretty well too...



Two weekends ago I had my last race of the season. It was in Clearfield PA, a 5 mile up hill TT that saw over 1000ft of elevation gain. This was was like any other TT, riders were sent off every 30 sec. There isn't any grand tactics in a race like this. You just get to your lactic threshold, stay there, and suffer for the 5 miles. That's what I did. One of our new team mates was there for encouragement, and rode beside me feeding me bottles (Thanks Mike!), I was able to keep my pace up. At the awards I found out that I came in 3rd place. Not to bad for a last race. I was 2 min. behind the defending champion Jeff Miller who has was this race 6 or 7 years in a row. Now it is down time for me, with some fun riding. I will start training come Jan. for my first race to be in March.
Chad
All I have to say is, next year you better win Mr. X(tra)S(mall).
Seriously though, it's been a pretty successful first season and Chad has been a big part of that. After a broken $900 wheel on the first race (5 miles in) to a string of podiums to finish the season. Great job Chad!

No comments: