Monday, April 28, 2008

Two Qualify For Nationals




Here are your two Allied Milk riders that qualified for Nationals. Shawn (bottom left) and Sir Thomas the Tank (middle right). Shawn took 11th in the Expert 19-29 group while Tom (8th)and I (DNF) were riding in the 30-39 age group. Both guys put in great efforts after a brutal weekend at the Bakers Dozen. For me it was a mechanical. I was sitting in sixth very comfy when I just lost all my braking power. I decided not to be dumb and get hurt. Some courses you can fake it, not this one. You really needed to have good brakes. My mistake was running organic brake pads on a wet (I mean standing water wet) course. Live and learn, right?
Top center is Chris Eatough (#1) and Kyle Hammaker(#15). Chris is one of the best in the sport. Kyle could be. He's only 21.

1 comment:

bettyflies said...

Hey Tom! We're so happy for you! Congrats on qualifying. We wish we could make it out for the race :-(
BTW, could you show a little more leg--looks like you were working on shortening that long inseam in this pic. you look like Matt. There's more to you than your hot legs, but I bet Johanna probably does keep an eye out for that sort of thing.