Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blessings in Disguise...

On February 25th, I was super excited about the upcoming racing season and being on Allied Milk, my first ever bike team. I was on track to being in pretty decent biking shape, and all set to sign up for the Kirkwood race at the end of March. On February 26th, I broke my foot playing basketball and was bummed about not being able to ride my bike or run for about 6-8 weeks. On February 27th, Jeremiah and I found out that we're going to have a baby in November! My fitness and racing plans for spring and summer all changed within a matter of 48 hours. As with any disappointments or unmet expectations, it's necessary to look for the positive side, because it's easy to get caught up in self-wallowing despair.
So, instead of training alongside of Jeremiah, I now can become part of his (and the rest of the team's) fan club...the guys will probably need it for the first year:) I will be better able to encourage and support our team! My broken foot allowed me to realize that I take things like 'walking' for granted and how much I miss riding even my single speed to work. And parenthood? Wow, scary but totally exciting at the same time! So, bring on the racing season, I'm ready to cheer!
Kim

No comments: