Sunday, May 18, 2008

Three do 75 miles...

I knew Chad was doing 75 miles of Mon-Tour but I didn't know that Shawn and Tom were doing the Rocktober Marathon MTB race which was also about 75 miles. Now I haven't gotten all the details from the riders yet but I'm sure Chad's day in the saddle was a lot shorter than Tom and Shawn's.

From what Chad told me (he is giving a report in the next few days) there was a wrong turn involved and his ride was closer to 80 miles. He still managed 12th.

Shawn and Tom on the other hand, made no wrong turns but were in the saddle for 8 and 8 1/2 hours respectively. Ouch! This is why Joel and I decided not to do that ride. Hopefully these two idiots give me an update as well.

For me, it was a weekend off (from racing). My brother from NY was in town and I spent some time with him. Shucks.

No comments: