Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You say it's your birthday.

So Happy 30th to me. It hit me when I registered for Greenbrier (4-27) and I was in the 30-34 age group. Time marches on I guess. Anyway...

Kirkwood is next on our list of races (3-29). All the important info can be found here: http://redroseraces.com/. Click on Kirkwood at the top of the screen. Our race is at 10:30am. It will be Chad, Jeremiah, and I in this one. Hopefully we can pull out better than 50th this time around. It's looking like it will be dreary out there. Upper 40's with a chance of rain (aka do not ride your expensive wheels). Kirkwood is a lot like Strasburg and will most likely come down to a sprint. My personal best in a sprint finish was 7th so our chances of winning are probably not that good unless we make a break for it. We would probably need about 8 riders to make it work and keep the peloton at bay. This is very much a play it by ear race because of the rolling terrian so we shall see. If something like last week happens, all bets are off.

Our mountian team will kick off the season on 4-6 in Marysville on the Oesterling Farm. This is a 4 hour 4 person relay event. Pretty simple, one goes, three wait...It's a pretty good spectator event for a MTB race. Short laps and fairly visible. Worth the drive.

1 comment:

scthree05 said...

happy birthday dan!